Jason called me at lunch today while he was scoping out the deals at Publix.
He was actually calling me to ask me if the $4/1 charcoal coupons that we ordered off of EBAY had arrived. I told him I didn't know as I hadn't checked the mailbox yet. He asked me to go check while I put him on hold and I thought to myself "drats, now I have to get dressed." He probably wondered why it took me so long to go and check the mail.
The coupons arrived today so he was "hot" to get out and get some charcoal. I was "hot to get out and get some formula as we were running low. So, off we went with the children, a diaper bag and an iPod to keep the toddler happy while we switched off doing our shops.
We went to two different stores tonight (Concord and Nipper's Corner). We both did shops. This deal represents 4 shops posted together.
OK, here's the deal:
Charcoal Deal:
16 Glad Sandwich bags $1.79 ea ($1/1 Q and $1/1 FLIP = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $1.81($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $1.85 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $2.09 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $2.09 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $1.92 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Loin Boneless $3.10 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Loin Chops $2.49 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Rib Tips $1.92 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.42 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.40 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.42 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.42 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
16 Kingsford $6.99 ea ($3/1 Q = $3.99 ea)
Four $5/50 competitor coupons
Other Items:
Apple & Eve $1.39 ea ($.50/1 Q & $1/1 Publix Q = FREE+)
5 sugar $.85 ea ($2 sugar wyb KA & $1 FL sugar wyb KA = FREE+)
3 Carefree $1.39 ea ($.50/1 Q & $3/3 Publix Q = FREE+)
50 Kool Aid $.20 ea (no coupon = .20 ea)
4 Rachel Yogurt $.70 ea ($1/4 Q and $1/4 Publix Q = .20 ea)
3 J&J $1.79 ea (forgot to use coupons = $1.79 ea)
2 M&M's $2.35 ea ($1/2 = $1.85 ea)
1 Milk $2.25 ea (no coupons = $2.25)
Fruit Assorted $4.73 (no coupons = $4.73)
1 Similac $22.49 ($5 ck, $2/1 Q, $5/1 Pub. Q, $3/1 FL Q = $7.49)
1 Similac $22.49 ($5 ck, $2/1 Q, $3/1 Pub. Q, $3/1 FL Q = $9.49)
1 Similac $22.49 ($5 ck, $2/1 Q, $3/1 Pub. Q = $12.49)
TOTAL: $360.38
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $15.41
SAVINGS: 96%
NOTE: I forgot to use coupons on the Johnson & Johnson and on some of the Kool Aid. This always happens to me when I rush so take your time and bring a calculator. Some of these deals are complex! My balance would have been $14 less had I used my coupons appropriately. Final balance would have been $1.41. LOL.
He was actually calling me to ask me if the $4/1 charcoal coupons that we ordered off of EBAY had arrived. I told him I didn't know as I hadn't checked the mailbox yet. He asked me to go check while I put him on hold and I thought to myself "drats, now I have to get dressed." He probably wondered why it took me so long to go and check the mail.
The coupons arrived today so he was "hot" to get out and get some charcoal. I was "hot to get out and get some formula as we were running low. So, off we went with the children, a diaper bag and an iPod to keep the toddler happy while we switched off doing our shops.
We went to two different stores tonight (Concord and Nipper's Corner). We both did shops. This deal represents 4 shops posted together.
OK, here's the deal:
Charcoal Deal:
16 Glad Sandwich bags $1.79 ea ($1/1 Q and $1/1 FLIP = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $1.81($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $1.85 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $2.09 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $2.09 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Cubed Steak $1.92 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Loin Boneless $3.10 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Loin Chops $2.49 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Pork Rib Tips $1.92 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.42 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.40 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.41 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.42 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
1 Italian Saugage $1.42 ($6 off pork wyb charcoal Q = FREE+)
16 Kingsford $6.99 ea ($3/1 Q = $3.99 ea)
Four $5/50 competitor coupons
Other Items:
Apple & Eve $1.39 ea ($.50/1 Q & $1/1 Publix Q = FREE+)
5 sugar $.85 ea ($2 sugar wyb KA & $1 FL sugar wyb KA = FREE+)
3 Carefree $1.39 ea ($.50/1 Q & $3/3 Publix Q = FREE+)
50 Kool Aid $.20 ea (no coupon = .20 ea)
4 Rachel Yogurt $.70 ea ($1/4 Q and $1/4 Publix Q = .20 ea)
3 J&J $1.79 ea (forgot to use coupons = $1.79 ea)
2 M&M's $2.35 ea ($1/2 = $1.85 ea)
1 Milk $2.25 ea (no coupons = $2.25)
Fruit Assorted $4.73 (no coupons = $4.73)
1 Similac $22.49 ($5 ck, $2/1 Q, $5/1 Pub. Q, $3/1 FL Q = $7.49)
1 Similac $22.49 ($5 ck, $2/1 Q, $3/1 Pub. Q, $3/1 FL Q = $9.49)
1 Similac $22.49 ($5 ck, $2/1 Q, $3/1 Pub. Q = $12.49)
TOTAL: $360.38
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $15.41
SAVINGS: 96%
NOTE: I forgot to use coupons on the Johnson & Johnson and on some of the Kool Aid. This always happens to me when I rush so take your time and bring a calculator. Some of these deals are complex! My balance would have been $14 less had I used my coupons appropriately. Final balance would have been $1.41. LOL.
NOTE: I have forbidden Jason to add any more M&M's to our shops.
NOTE: I used an expired Food Lion Q for the Similac. We were able to use it at one of the stores but the other store would not take it.
NOTE: I used an expired Food Lion Q for the Similac. We were able to use it at one of the stores but the other store would not take it.
23 comments:
I have some Publix Similac coupons- want them? Oh and don't tell Jason, but the new Adv Buy flyer starting Friday has a Publix coupon for M&M's in it! LOL :D
Have you tried taking your coupons to the CS desk and tellng them they didn't get used and see if they will give you the money? I've heard of other people saying they had forgot to use their coupon and took it back the next day and was able to get the money. I haven't ever done that, but before, when a cashier refused my coupons I took them to the Service Desk and complained and they took my coupon and gave me money right there.
Brandy, I would love them. Thanks so much! And mum's the word on the M&M coupon. Seriously, he bought 5 bags over the last 3 days.
---------------
Melissa, I thought about it tonight but sometimes I think that I would look like a stickler and I'd rather have a good relationship with my cashiers than to have any of the folks at Publix think that I am such a penny pincher (even though I am). LOL. I'm thankful for the deals that I get at Publix and I feel as though it's my mistake so I just eat it.
The real issue for me is finding a time to shop alone so that I can take the time necessary to ensure that everything is in order. My hubby likes to get "in and out" of the store in record time. I like to find the perfect deal and calculate everything and come closer to 99-100% savings. So, I compromise and save 93-96% most of the time and rush as fast as I can to get the deal done.
We bought a freezer. I repeat, we bought a freezer. So Matt and I hit up Publix last night. And we went to the other Publix in Smyrna as a test. It went like clock work. Our brand new freezer has so many packages of meat, you'd think we were vampires. Anyway, where's the FL sugar coupon? Can't seem to get my hands on it.
BTW, the kids and I are about to hit Publix one more time today before the price of the charcoal goes up. More meat. . .
We bought a freezer, I repeat, we bought a freezer. So Matt and I hit up Publix together last night. We went to the other Publix in Smyrna and it went like clock work.
Where's the FL sugar coupon? I can't seem to get my hands on it.
BTW, the kids and I are heading to Publix one more time today before the price of the charcoal goes up. More meat . . .
When you use competitor Q's, which ones do you use? What stores does Publix consider a "Competitor"
in your area? I've seen that some people use their register rewards from Walgreens at Publix...maybe it's just their area that accepts them? Mine only takes Target, Kroger, and Food Lion, so I've been trying to scoop up a few competitor Q's from them!!
Hey Kathy. Hope you're going to be able to come to mom's group on Friday! It will be nice to see everyone.
The Food Lion Q for sugar was a tearpad at Food Lion. I wish I could get my hands on more of them too. I may buy some more on EBAY if I can find them.
-----------
Anonymous, I use Food Lion, Target, Kroger, Whole Foods and HG Hill. I also use X/XX coupons from HG Hill, GFS Marketplace, Whole Foods, and Bill Martin's. I have used RR's in past at the Maryland Farms Publix. My friend Brandy paved the way for us to use them there. The Publix should take them as they are just a manufacturer coupon good for any item. Just like the Catalina's that print at Kroger that say "Reedemable at Kroger." You would take those to Publix and use them; Register Rewards are the same thing.
Oh, and nice move buying a freezer. Woo-hoo!
We are going to hit up Publix a few more times tonight too. We bought a $4/1 charcoal coupon on EBAY and it is burning a whole in our pocket.
Awesome job! Thanks for the heads up on the Carefree. Yay for more overage!! :)
I have to ask, do you only do grocery stores or do you work CVS, etc. as well? :)
Oops...one more question...Where did you find the $.50/1 Carefree Q? I think my area only got the $1.00/2. Thanks a bunch! :)
Bethany, the .50/1 is an online coupon that is on their website. You can go to Brandy's website at ipreferpublix.blogspot.com to print it.
------------
Kelly, I used to shop at CVS but I don't spend my time shopping anywhere other than Publix anymore because I can get everything I need there.
Every now and then I will shop at Walgreens or CVS (like when they had the $10 RR deal at Walgreens a month ago for the Bayer meters). I took the RR's to Publix afterwards though and spent them there.
Kelli, when I first started couponing a year ago I was shopping everywhere. I don't run around anymore because it just takes up too much of my time. You can get anything for FREE at Publix with the system that I use.
Where do you find your X/XX competitor q's? Only one's I've been able to use are RR or the occasional X/XX that walgreens puts out...and that's only at the Maryland Farms, which is out of my way compared to Nippers Corner and Concord! Any that those two will take?
Stacey, I didn't even know tha Maryland Farms took X/XX Walgreens coupons. That's good to know. :)
I use the $5/50 GFS coupons that are sometimes in the newspaper on Sundays (look for the GFS Marketplace ad). They are usually on the back of the ad. I also use the HG Hill $5/50 coupons that are on the back of the Franklin Review Appeal which comes out on Wednesdays.
I went to Publix on Moore's Lane in CS today and they have Neosporin Lip Care on the little clearance rounder near the Feminine Products. It was 1.50 each, so I used the $5 off 3 from the Adv. Flyer and .50/1 (doubles to $1) Man. Q. Woot for overage!
Anon, that's a nice little neosporin deal. $3.50 in overage.
where so you pick up th franklin review appeal?
- Katie
Katie, I sometimes find them in the recycle bin or I ask a friend to bring me their copy since I don't live in Franklin.
Did this week's FRA not have a coupon? I picked one up and did not see one on the ad? Thanks- Katie
Katie, I haven't checked the Franklin Review Appeal this week so I'm not sure.
Does anyone else get the Review Appeal (did it have the $5/50 coupon in it this week)?
If it doesn't have one this week it will most likely have one next week. It seems like they run one every week.
If it's there, I can't seem find it. lol Is it usually printed on the H G Hill ad? - Katie
Katie, yep it's usually on the ad. It's pretty big so they probably didn't print it this week.
Post a Comment