
Don't try this at home kids.
Homemade marshmallows on their own = incredible
Homemade marshmallows in cocoa = divine
Homemade marshmallows with Rice Krispies = LOUD LAMENTING
Apparently, the Knox Gelatin combined with all of the other ingredients in the homemade marshmallows makes for a "non-krispy" rice krispie treat. My guess....the homemade marshmallows have more moisture in them than the store bought variety so the rice krispies became soggy.
Another experiment:
Last month I tried store bought marshmallows and the "new" Jumbo Fiber Rice Krispies (hoping that this combination would allow me to eat rice krispie treats without guilt due to the presence of fiber). Another disaster.
I need to redeem myself.
2 comments:
Too bad. I was waiting for your experiment. I wondered if homemade marshmallows would have a different consistency to it. Oh well, at least it is good in hot chocolate! I wonder how it would do on sweet potatoes?
So glad you posted this! My daughter and I made Rice Krispie treats yesterday using regular marshmallows. I have a big stockpile of Rice Krispies and was going to use your recipe for homemade marshmallows for the next batch of treats. I won't be doing that now! Thanks!
Post a Comment