Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Early Bird Gets the Worm....















I couldn't sleep this morning so I got up at around 4:30am and decided to go over my schedule and manage my finances and check a few blogs...

Dr. Frugal Mom posted that she had obtained some batteries from Kroger for FREE. My coupon buddy Brandy at I Prefer Publix also posted that she had seen this deal.

I love free batteries (heart fluttering)....

I decided to clip some coupons and head out to my local Kroger to investigate. I was meeting a girlfriend for coffee at Starbucks at 6:00am so I had some time right?

Thankfully the Kroger by my house is open 24 hours. I found several packs and had an awesome shop. The person at the self-checkout told me that Kroger limited coupon usage to 20 coupons per day (has anyone else ever heard this before)? I purchased 20 packs and then met my girlfriend for coffee. I hit another Kroger close to the Starbucks on the way home.

Although this is a Publix blog I will occasionally post a deal that shouldn't be missed at another store (and this is one sale that you don't want to miss)! I like to stay focused on Publix though since my blog is named after that most famous of stores.

27 Energizer Batteries $1.00 ea (sale price)
- 15 $.50/1 Q from 1/10 SS
- 12 $.75/1 Q from tearpad from 2 months ago (was waiting for double coupon to use these)
= FREE to $.25 ea.

TOTAL: $91.23
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $4.81
SAVINGS: 95%

NOTE: I went to the Nippers Corner Kroger on Edmondson. The batteries are on aisle 12. There are about 200 packs left. Ready, set go!

NOTE: I also went to the Kroger in Brentwood on Franklin. The batteries are on aisle 14 and there are also two stands (one close to the registers on the left hand side if you are looking at the registers from the inside of the store and one close to aisle 11 or 12 at the front of the store). There are about 30 packs left.

NOTE: Kathy, thank you so much for the extra energizer tearpads that you gave me a while back. Now is the time to use them girl! Go get you some batteries.

NOTE: I seem to get batteries for free once a year and this is the time of the year to get them. Not certain what the sales cycle is for batteries, however, I remember getting these free in 2008 at around Christmastime. I'm pretty sure I got them for free at CVS that year. The man at Kroger told me that these routinely go on sale for $1.00 every two months. Has anyone else noticed that they are on sale for $1.00 every few months? Please also note that this sale is only for the Southeast Region.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey Early Bird -- is 45 packages of batteries excessive?

starbucksgirl said...

Kathy, the answer to that question depends on whether or not you had 45 coupons. LOL.

Melissa Spaid said...

How about the afternoon worm? I am heading out this afternoon with Maggie after her nap.

starbucksgirl said...

Hey Melissa, I would definitely try and hit Nipper's if they are out in Cool Springs. Hopefully you'll find some there as the store in Cool Springs is rather large. :) Report back here if you can to let others know what is left.

Dr. Mom said...

Love this deal! My kids and husband just go through batteries!

TanyaW said...

45 packages is not too much, especially if you get assorted sizes! Many of my sons toys take 4-8 of one size battery, plus whatever we may use for the house, so that many may only last a month or two.

Kathy said...

Oh yes, I had 45 coupons. Used 37 $1 off then started using the $.75 off. But I thought, "Why would I actually PAY for the batteries when I just got 37 for free?!" So I stopped.

starbucksgirl said...

Yes indeed, why pay for anything for that matter?

LOL.

Workin' The Deals said...

I LOVE it!!!! Great job early bird tee hee! (I only have 4 coupons from that weekend waaaa!)