Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dark days ahead of us....

There is a new sign posted on the Royal Oaks Franklin store registers:

We no longer accept Target or GFS coupons.

I will be writing to corporate at publix.com so that the District Manager is aware of the store manager's decision and it's affect on many of the couponers in our town and I will also write to the store manager to talk with him about his decision and see if I can persuade him to let us use them again at this store (i.e will tell him that we will be forced to go to other stores to do our deals and he will lose our business). I suggest you do the same if you are interested in continuing to use your Target Q's at Publix in the Nashville area (let's hope that this is not a trend for all of the Publix Nashville stores).

That being said, this store has a ton of charcoal still in stock. They are a very large store and there were at least 30-40 bags left as of yesterday

(yes, yes.....I am married to the charcoal deal).

24 comments:

Ashley B said...

The Publix store in Homewood (Birmingham) still accepts Target coupons (Thank goodness) On a side note: Thank you for all your hard work in telling all of us where to find coupons and great deals- My family and I truly appreciate it
- Ashley

Bethany said...

Kelly, since you are married to the charcoal deal, do you mind sharing how you are working it now? I am now offically out of the $4.00 MQ, so I'm wondering what I would need to do now to keep going. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

BTW...I have submitted a complaint to Publix.com because I did not get anywhere with CS or the Manager. I'll let you know when I get a response. My entire area is no longer allowing us to use the PQ with the MQ on the vitamins. Keep your fingers crossed that we can get this resolved.

Earthy Mama said...

I do not shop at that store, but I will send an email anyway as this is not a trend I want to see started in the Nashville stores.

Yomika said...

for the charcoal deal i have $2 off coupons on meat when u buy kingsford charcoal and am willing to share.please email me ur address and i will put them in the mail to make deal even sweeter.they dont expire till 10/31.hope u get matters resolved with publix..good luck...tina

starbucksgirl said...

Bethany, we are doing the following:

PURCHASE
6 bags charcoal ($6.99 ea)
6 glad ($1.59 ea)
6 pork ($2.50-3.00 ea)
6 beef ($2.00-$2.50 ea)

COUPONS
- $3/1 Q for charcoal from "Fire up the Grill" booklets (no longer available). There is still a $2/1 Q out on EBAY for charcoal if you don't have these.
- $1/1 Q for Glad from "Fire up the Grill" booklets (no longer available). These are on ebay. I also use the $1/1 FLIP which give me overage on the Glad.
- $6 off pork Q
- $2 off beef wyb charcoal Q (tearpad from Food Lion)
- $5/50 competitor Q

That's how I'm working it. You can create your own combo by going to ebay and searching for different Q's that will work on this deal.

starbucksgirl said...

Brandy, thanks for taking the time. I don't want to see a trend either. We need to bombard them with feedback if we want to be heard. :)

Lissa said...

Our local store can't make their minds up. One day it's one policy and the next...it's another! It's very frustrating!

Here in GA my local store will no longer take the $/$$ coupons...:(

They will still take the Target and Food Lion and any other drug store coupons as long as they are for a product that they carry! (yes...those were the words told to me...don't know who would try to use a coupon on something that didn't exist!).

We will be moving in a few weeks and I hear that the Publix where I am going is still on the coupon train that I am use to here in town...we will see!

You always have great deals! I have seen a few in your deals that I have missed and am so glad to be a part of you sharing your shopping trips!

My store dies when I walk in and buy $200 worth of stuff for $2...I can't imagine what they would do if I bought close to $500 (as you) for $2!

I know first hand that what you do can be extremely time consuming with the calculating etc! It is all very much appreciated and understood!

Lissa

starbucksgirl said...

Thank you so much Tina. That is very kind of you. I sent you my address. It came from starbucksgirl@hotmail.com.

Natasha said...

Hi Kelly,
I have $16.00 worth of coupons for Enfamil. Do you use Enfamil and would you like them? One expires August 31st.
You could e-mail me your address to nfullard@charter.net

Take Care,
Natasha

TanyaW said...

I had several issues this past weekend when I was in a rush (on way to my sons bday party), of course never on a day when I have time to get it straightened out...

They stated they were no longer allowing overage on any coupon- MF or store. And no longer taking competitors. I actually plan to go up there tomorrow and have a chat with the store GM. If that doesnt fix things (as in checkout clerk making it up or confused), then I too will be emailing corporate.

This was in Atlanta

The Mckays said...

I shopped at both the Coolsprings sotre and the Concord Rd. Store and they did not question any of my coupons. There was no sign on the door either. Hmmm. Go figure.
Cindy

starbucksgirl said...

Cindy, this post only pertains to the Royal Oaks Franklin store. It does not pertain to all of the Publix stores in Nashville.

TanyaW said...

Yay! Good news to report. :) As usual, it was a miscommunication, and my stores GM was more than eager to fix it immediately. They are still (and as long as he is there, his words!) will allow overage. He said he wants all the couponers to come to his store first, LOL! This was the Publix in Lawrenceville, GA - Huntcrest in case there are any locals.

Also, we chatted about the competitor. They are still taking them, in restricted amounts. One per transaction for Target, and similar for other stores like Food Lion. I suppose this is much better than not taking them at all. I can split transactions if need be.

Its sooooo awesome to have a great manager who knows the deal!

Off to look at that hair color overage someone mentioned. I love this site! I find new things every post. Thanks again Kelly, its nice to have a place to go for similar minds and goals on couponing!

starbucksgirl said...

TanyaW - Good job on communicating with your staff. I'm thankful that all of you are taking my advice and are starting to communicate with your stores.

Remember, you should NEVER trust what the cashiers are telling you; 90% of the time they are misinformed. It's not their fault really. Communication is very difficult in a store environment and keeping up with the changes in policy is hard. Think about how hard it is for us to get a straight answer on policy; it is equally difficult for them.

So glad you will still be able to have some great shops!

Lori said...

On my last discussion with both Nippers Corner and Maryland Farms management, I was told that each store is able to decide for themselves what their policy will be based on the "local competition." Even this is open to interpretation, one CS Mgr at Nippers told me, who is determined to accept Target and Food Lion until someone gives him a direct order from corporate NOT to. The best thing you can do is to find a manager who is friendly to the concept of accepting competitor coupons, then use that manager's name when you shop, as in "Billy Bob told me that I can use these here."

Karla said...

Thanks so much for the information you provide! I had my best shop yet tonight. I bought $154 worth of groceries for $22. My OOP could have been even lower but I wanted to stock up on organic milk while it was on sale.

Karla

Cub Scout Ideas said...

Hi, everyone! I went to the Publix in Smyrna on Sam Ridley today and found some Sundown on clearance for $2.35!!!!!! I was able to get 5 bottles at this price, and they had several of the $2.99. That must mean they don't have many extreme couponers there. Oh, wait...I should have kept that info as my little secret! ; )

starbucksgirl said...

Lori, that is a good suggestion although it doesn't always work.

For example, I have been told repeatedly that I can use Target coupons at Royal Oaks (one of the CS Managers has given me permission over and over again and told me that he doesn't care if we use them).

The Store Manager, however, has decided to set a new policy of NEVER accepting Target and GFS coupons (he had the cashiers tape the new policy to all of the registers so that the customers could plainly see the new policy). His decision, according to the CS Manager on duty, overrides what I was told previously. This is fair to me as he is the one that sets the store policy.

It's possible that I can shop at Royal Oaks and find the CS Manager that told me that I can use Target Q's and ask him to approve my deal for that day, however, he will need to be in the store at the time that I do my deal.

All that to say, I still plan on writing the Store Manager a letter or stopping by to see him in person to see if I can be on influence on his decision. If enough couponers speak up he may listen and change the policy back to what it was before.

I had heard rumors that this store was going to stop taking Target but when I saw it in writing I knew that they had made their final decision.

Anyway, I appreciate your input Lori. Thanks for giving everyone another avenue of communication by pointing out that getting to know your store management is the #1 effective way to have a successful shop.

Melea said...

You seem to be prone to dark moments in your life (wink, wink)

starbucksgirl said...

Melea.......very dark moments.

Great to see you guys last night!

Michelle said...

FYI: I found some of the "Fire up the Grill" coupon booklets at the Spring Hill Publix today. They are on the same stand as the "Toss 4 Cash" booklet.

Thanks again Kelly for all that you do!

Dixie Clip said...

Thought I would update you on my quest to get a free birthday cake. Alas, it was not free however I was happy with my purchases. 1 birthday cake priced at $42.00, 8 glad wraps, 6 cover girl eyeshadows, 4 haircolor (thanks for the tip whomever left it!), birthday candles, OJ, 1.6 lbs of bananas, starbucks ice cream, canned chicken, 2 packages of chicos corn cake mix, 1 motts. Total $28.16, saved $77.05!! Not bad.

starbucksgirl said...

Natasha, I sent you my mail information for the Enfamil coupons. It came from starbucksgirl@hotmail.com. Thank you very much for sending those. I can always use formula checks/coupons.

starbucksgirl said...

Dixie Clip, nice shop. And I'm diggin' the photo of you.