Friday, October 1, 2010

Raley's, Friday 10/1/10
















I planned a Raley's shop today to pick up some Honeycrisp Apples (my favorite) and some orange juice for Jason's Eschatology class tomorrow! Grabbed several other items that were on sale and had a nice little compact shop in under 30 mintes; that's my kind of shop. Get in and get out!

Unfortunately, I am still having a very hard time navigating the aisles in both Safeway and Raley's. I hope to be more efficient in the future once I know where everything is. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the organization of the aisles so I'm a little lost everytime I go shopping. Of course, I'm used to looking like a crazy person when I shop; I love to jettison across the store to check out a price. A deal will pop into my head and I'll have to stop in the middle of my "planned" shop and go and see if I can get another item for free. LOL!

Here's the deal:

MONEYMAKERS
1 Martha White Muffin Mix $.99 cents ea (sale price)
- FREE Raley's item coupon (good 10/1-10/3 only; must purchase $10 to use)
- $.35/1
printable Q (not sure if it is still available)
= FREE + $.35 cents overage

STOCKPILE
5 Quaker Oats Oatmeal (variety) $1.49 ea. (when you buy 5...sale price)
- $1/1 printable Q or 9/12 RP, 8/29 RP
= $.49 cents ea.
2 Tropicana Orange Juice 59 oz. $3.00 ea. (sale price)
- $2 off Tropicana 59 oz or larger wyb 2 Quaker Oats Cereal tearpad (found at Safeway on Quaker display at back of store)
= $1.00 ea.
2 Select Harvest Soups $1.25 ea. (sale price)
- $1/1 printable Q
= $.25 cents ea.
2 Smuckers Uncrustables $2.00 ea. (sale price)
- no coupons but can get a printable here (check times)
= $2.00 ea.
1 Raley's Eggs $1.49 ea.
- FREE Raley's item coupon (good 10/1-10/3 only; must purchase $10 to use)
= FREE
1 Dr. Pepper $.99 cents ea.
- FREE Raley's item coupon (good 10/1-10/3 only; must purchase $10 to use)
=
FREE

THINGS I NEEDED
Bananas $1.96 (.68 cents a pound)
- no coupons
= $1.96
Honeycrisp Apples $3.47 ($1.49 a pound; sale price)
- no coupons
= $3.47
Sour Cream $1.99 ea.
- no coupons
= $1.99 ea.
1 Kind Bar $1.25 ea. (sale price; ok, I didn't really NEED this....I JUST LOVE THIS....Apricot Almond Kind Bar....Super yum)!!
- no coupons
= $1.25 ea.

TOTAL: $63.75
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $15.38
SAVINGS: 75%

NOTE:
My balance should have been $17.38. The cashier applied the $2 off Tropicana Q too many times. I'll point this out to customer service the next time I am at Raley's.

No comments: