Jason and I decided to do two separate shops tonight. I had a huge shop planned and wanted to use two $5/50 Q's so he tagged along.
What a fun shop. We ran into Christian R. and Lori B. from CBC. I love that I can hang with my husband AND see my friends in the same night. What a joy.
Jason and I had taken most of the Schick so I gave Lori a $5 RR to make up for it as I was certain that she was looking for the same moneymakers as I was. I hope you were able to checkout without any issues tonight Lori. Please post here to let me know how your shop went; I would love to hear about it. I had two great cashiers tonight (Scott and Jessica). I shopped at Moore's Lane.
OK, here's the shop (click on the picture for more details):
MONEYMAKERS
12 Shick disposable razors $.99 (travel section)
- $2/1 any Shick disposable from 4/11 SS
= FREE + $1.01 overage ea.
6 Bayer Aspirin $2.19
- $2/1 Green Advantage Flyer Publix Q
- $1/1 from 3/21 SS
= FREE + $.81 overage ea.
3 Shout $1.55 (B1G1 price)
- $1/1 Shout “Value in the Family” booklet
- $.55/1 Shout Laundry Product 3/21 SS
= FREE + $.05 overage ea.
6 Alka Seltzer $2.49 ea.
- $2/1 Green Advantage Flyer Publix Q
- $1/1 Q from fold-out booklet found at Publix 2 months ago
= FREE + $.49 overage ea.
6 Aleve (travel pack) $1.09 ea.
- $2/1 Green Advantage Flyer Publix Q
= FREE + $.91 overage ea.
1 Mahatma Rice $.89 ea.
- $.50/1 Mahatma Q 2/7 RP
= FREE + $.11 overage ea.
1 Prevacid $10.69 ea.
- $4/1 Green Advantage Q (exp. 4/23)
- $6/1 Prevacid Catalina (or 4/11 SS)
= FREE + $.31 overage ea.
12 Benadryl $3.85 ea. (should be $3.99; not sure why they rang up at $3.85)
- $1.50/1 Q from Green Adv. Flyer (exp 4/23)
- $5/2 Benadryl, Zyrtec, Visine, Sudafed PE, or Tylenol Sinus 4/11 RP
= FREE + $.15 overage ea.
- $1.50/1 Q from Green Adv. Flyer (exp 4/23)
- $5/2 Benadryl, Zyrtec, Visine, Sudafed PE, or Tylenol Sinus 4/11 RP
= FREE + $.15 overage ea.
STOCKPILE
2 Premium Publix Toilet Paper $2.69 ea.
- FREE Premium Toilet Paper HG Hill Q (from previous issue)
= FREE
6 Fast Fixin's Chicken Nuggets $2.00 ea. (Raincheck B1G1)
- $1/1 Publix Q (expired Q from old Publix booklet)
- $1/1 Q direct from the manufacturer
= FREE
6 Scrubbing Bubbles $1.75 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $2/2 Scrubbing Bubbles “Value in the Family” booklet
- $.75/1 Scrubbing Bubbles SS 3/21
= FREE
4 Reach Dental Floss $.99 ea. (Advantage price)
= $1/1 Reach floss Q 3/7 RP
= FREE
6 Mission Tortillas $1.50 ea. (Advantage price)
- $1/1 Mission Q purchased on ebay
= $.50 ea.
6 Yoplait Yoplus $1.25 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $.50/1 Q from 4/18 SS
= $.25 ea.
- $.50/1 Q from 4/18 SS
= $.25 ea.
5 Heart to Heart Oatmeal $2.50 ea. (sale price)
- $1/1 Whole Foods Q from "The Whole Deal" March/April
- $1/1 Q (several sources: peelies, booklets, etc).
= $.50 ea.
6 Kashi Cereal $2.50 ea. (sale price)
- $1/1 Whole Foods Q from "The Whole Deal" March/April
- $1/1 Q (several sources: peelies, booklets, etc).
= $.50 ea.
- $1/1 Q (several sources: peelies, booklets, etc).
= $.50 ea.
6 Windex Multi $1.70 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $1/2 Windex Q “Value in the Family” booklet
- $1/1 off Windex Multi Surface Cleaner 4/11 SS, 3/21 SS or printable
= $.20 ea.
4 Cascadian Farms Cereals $1.99 ea. (sale price)
- $1/1 Whole Foods Q from "Whole Deal" booklet Mar/Apr
- $1/2 peelie found on cereal
= $.50 ea.
6 Cascadian Farms Frozen berries $1.99 ea. (sale price)
- $2/3 Cascadian Farm Frozen Fruit or Vegetables printable
= $.32 ea.
4 Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes $1.33 ea (B1G1 price)
- $.40/1 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 3/28 SS or printable
= $.53 ea.
1 Polly-O Ricotta $2.59 ea.
- $1/1 Yellow Advantage Q
- $1/1 Polly-O Q from 3/28 SS (purchased on EBAY)
= $.59 ea.
2 Del Monte Fruit Chillers $1.66 ea. (sale price)
- $1/1 printable (no longer available) or 4/18 RP
= $.66 ea.
4 Lindsay Pitted Olive (reusable container) $2.59 ea.
= $.79 ea.
3 Nature Valley Granola Bar Value Packs $2.75 (B1G1 price)
- $2/1 peelie found on GM cereal 3 weeks ago
= $.75 ea.
2 Oreo Cakesters $3.39 ea.
- B1G1 Nabisco printable (no longer available) - bought Oreo Fudge Cream got Cakesters FREE
= FREE
2 Nabisco Oreo Fudge Cream $3.39 ea.
- $1/1 peelie Oreo Fudge Cream Publix Q
= $2.39 ea.
THINGS I NEEDED
2 Gallons of milk $2.59 ea.
- $1/1 milk wyb Oreo and Milk
= $1.59 ea.
1 Publix Brown Sugar $1.99 ea.
no coupons
= $1.99 ea.
2 Odwalla Superfood Fruit Drinks $2.00 ea. (sale price)
- $1/1 Publix Q from FamilyWise Magazine
- $1/2 printable (no longer available)
= $.50 ea.
1 Bounty 6 roll $6.99 (sale price)
- $1.25 manufacturer Q from Kroger booklet
= $5.74 ea.
6 Ziploc Sandwich/Snack bags $1.99 ea.
- $1/2 Ziploc products “Value in the Family” booklet
- $.40/1 Ziploc Brand Bags SS 3/21
= $.69 ea.
2 Sorrento Cheese Sticks $4.29 ea.
- $2/1 peelie found on package a few months ago
= $2.29 ea.
1 Newman's Own Organic Raisins $2.39 ea.
- $.50/1 any Newman's Own product printable (don't remember where I found this)
= $1.39 ea.
2 Benadryl Children's Fastmelts $6.59 ea.
- $2/1 Green Advantage Q
- $5/2 Benadryl, Zyrtec, Visine, Sudafed PE, or Tylenol Sinus 4/11 RP
= $2.09 ea.
1 bunch of Bananas $1.31
no coupons
= $1.31
1 Bag of Limes $5.49 ea.
no coupons
= $5.49 ea.
2 Avocados $1.50 ea.
no coupons
= $1.50 ea.
1 Publix Spring Water $3.50 ea.
no coupons
= $3.50 ea.
- Two $5/50 HG Hill Q's
- $35 in Register Rewards
TOTAL: $450.30
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $17.71
SAVINGS: 96%
SAVINGS: 96%
NOTE: I just noticed the Aleve travel packs tonight and realized that they provided $.91 overage with the $2/1 Publix Green Advantage Q. I wish I would have seen that deal earlier (green advantage q's expire today 4/23/10). We missed out on some good overage. :)
NOTE: Lisa, I finally threw in my raincheck for the chicken nuggets and managed to get them for free because they were on sale and the B1G1 price rang up on the sale price so they were only $2 a bag before coupons and FREE after coupons. I set aside 4 bags for you.
NOTE: I printed a Newman's own Q about 3 weeks ago and wanted to find a product that I could use it on. I had Jason search the store for the cheapest Newman's own product and the raisins were the lowest priced item that he found (it you find something cheaper than this please leave a comment). Savannah loves raisins so these are her special treat.
NOTE: I had $72.81 in overage with my moneymakers and RR's (which is kind of ridiculous).
25 comments:
Fabulous shop as always. Missed the Aleve too! I always looked at those when I shopped, and had a feeling I could be getting overage on them, but never actually checked it out! Oh well. I missed the Prevacid too!
Love you.
Carissa, would you like the Prevacid for your dad (not sure if he would use it or not). Also, I have five $1/1 Prilosec Publix Q's for you to use with the Prilosec manufacturer Q's that I gave you.
Love you too!
Carissa, some of the other gals at CBC probably got several of the Prevacid's. Would you like to see if they have some available to give to you your dad since he needs to take it every day?
Awesome shop. As always, I look forward to your posts. So, your Publix will accept multiple Register Rewards? Mine is very leery of accepting more than one.
Thrify T, I think it really depends on your cashier. You can always go to customer service ahead of time and ask them if they will accept multiple catalinas (explaining that they are no different than other catalina coupons; it helps to have other catalina coupons that say "good at Kroger" with you so that they can see that they are the same).
Great shopping!
Actually, you didn't miss the Aleve- that coupon states "Excludes Trial size" over on the right bottom. :( I was going to get some of those the first day that flyer came out but then saw that exclusion. darnit.
Ok, so I just had a terrible time at the Moore's Lane publix using a RR. They said I had to purchase an item with the brand of the company whose name was on the RR. I eventually won. Have you ever had this problem?
Bethany, I have never had that problem before. I suggest you look for either Scott or Lainey as a cashier (both young).
I'm glad you were able to use it; sometimes it just takes some time to inform the cashier about the coupon. They don't always know what they are dealing with and they make guesses about the use of the coupon instead of finding out how it should be used. The RR's are clearly manufacturer coupons because they start with a 5. I always teach the cashier about the coupon starting with a 5 and that seems to help.
I tried and tried to teach but she went and asked the customer service manager - I think- and he insisted I was wrong. I told him that it frustrated me to the point of wanting to leave without anything - I did not raise my voice or threaten. I just tried and tried to explain without success. I guess I'll just head to Maryland Farms when I plan to use those. Thanks.
I just found "It's Time For The Flavor of The Grill" coupon booklet with $2 off Kingsford and $1/2 Glad food startage product. If anyone would like to trade for some other publix coupons, let me know.
:D
Cspudley@aol.com
Bethany, do you remember the name of the customer service manager. Was it Cody? He is usually very nice. If it comes up then I will be telling them the same thing so hearing it from two folks might help.
Carrie, I found the same flyer at Moore's Lane yesterday. Yahoo!
I also found a $2 off meet wyb Kindsford coupon at Winn Dixie. Not sure if you have those or not. I can get extras if needed.
Hey, I have a guy at my garage sale now who said he met you at your sale. I really wants to be added to the log in. So, I'm sending a reminder to add Stefen - stamping guy!
stefen@guystampin.com
Thanks!
Impressive, as always! I have a few Prevacids at home (not certain how many) which I would be happy to share.
Love you & see you soon!
Carrie, I would love some if you can spare them. You can email me at starbucksgirl@hotmail.com and put "Kingsford Q" in the subject line. :)
Bethany, I remember that guy. He really wanted to be added to the blog but I can't add him because we only have 100 spots and I'm saving some of them for members of our church as they take priority.
Thanks for letting me know about him though. I emailed Stefen to let him know.
Hey, no pressure on Stefan. I actually do not know him. He stopped by my sale and was VERY EAGER to be on your site. I even saw him today at another sale - what are the odds? - and he asked me if I had heard back from you! He is something else, let me tell ya!
Thanks for all you do!
Does that SC Johnson rebate work more than once per address?
Mandi, it works 3 times per address.
i had an experience the other day at MF Publix and didn't know if you could educate me. The cashier said I could only use 6 of one coupon. I happily said I could do another transaction but thankfully the line was long enough she "pushed" it through. Is this a new rule or was she a vigilante?
Charity, most of the Publix stores only allow 6 deals per transaction, per day. This means that you can buy 6 of the same sale items per day. Some of the stores are more strict than others. Maryland Farms is pretty strict lately on the limit. They are limiting the items that you can buy because some folks were stocking them out of a particular item.
BTW, it is not a 6 coupon limit it is a 6 item limit.
Post a Comment