Thursday, April 1, 2010

Heading out of town but wanted to let you know that I found Snuggle on in-store special at Royal Oaks (not sure if it is on sale at the other Publix stores). It was $2.87 (so moneymaker with the Snuggle Q from the recent insert).

We did one more shop this week because I realized that the Ben & Jerry's was not going to be on sale next week (Advantage Q expires tomorrow). I purchased a few $1/1 Ben & Jerry's manufacturer Q's off of EBAY about 3 weeks ago and they were burning a whole in my pocket. My babysitter loves Ben & Jerry's. :) Have a great weekend!

TOTAL: $308.90
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $18.80
SAVINGS: 94%

NOTE: Was given $20 to purchase the Talenti so we actually paid $0 out of pocket.

NOTE: I am exhausted from the great deals at Publix, Kroger and Harris Teeter over the last two weeks. I think Jason and I have gone to the store at least 15 times. We filled up our stockpile though and we have plenty to sell at our garage sale in a few weeks. I spent about $8 at Publix (after rebates) and received $908 worth of groceries. Many of these items will last us for the entire year (especially the Snuggle).


14 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was at the Royal Oaks store yesterday & Snuggle was $3.87! Wish I could've gotten there when the price was lower. I'm almost out of my stock from last fall when they had the $3 coupon. :)

starbucksgirl said...

Jennifer, you should talk to Customer Service and tell them that you heard that it was on sale for $2.87 the day before (the in-store tag stated that the sale started on 3/20/10 for that price). Not sure whey they pulled it. It was an in-store special for just that store (although other stores in the area might have also been running the sale).

starbucksgirl said...

Sorry, I meant 3/30/10 (the sale tag stated that it started on 3/30/10).

starbucksgirl said...

FYI...the Snuggle rang up at $3.87 but the sign said $2.87 so they refunded my money for one of the items and then gave me the difference for the other items. I guess they pulled the tag after that (although the customer service gal informed me that she was going to let management know so that they would correct the price in the registers so that they would ring up for $2.87).

Dixie Clip said...

I had the same issue with the snuggle and didn't catch the issue until heading home. I will go back for the refund. I called customer service and they said to come back. This was on 4/1.

Bethany said...

Awesome job as always! I was hoping that I would be able to find the snuggle deal where I live, but nope. I'm hoping for an upcoming sale before the Q's expire.

starbucksgirl said...

Bethany, I'm sure the Snuggle will go on sale before that coupon expires. They usually go on sale 2 for $3 during the lifecycle of the coupon.

-------

Dixie, did you purchase them at Concord? Was there an in-store sales sign?

Dixie Clip said...

I got them at Royal Oaks. There was a sign at the snuggle. I'm not sure the sale is still going. I got 1 free plus the difference back, though.

Bethany said...

Hey Kelly, Just a thought I had on a possible future post (if you have time...).....I was so inspired by your yard sale last year that I had one myself. I was wondering if you would consider posting an entry on how you get prepared (buying the stuff/thought process) and pricing points. I've been trying to think ahead and buy things that I could sell but I would love to hear your input. :)

starbucksgirl said...

Hey Bethany, how you doing friend? :)

Funny you should mention garage sales. We are having our semi-annual garage sale in a week and I have been thinking through my thought process on this very topic. If I have time then I will post on this topic.

I lost my coupon organizer in Target a few days ago and I am without coupons this week so I'm trying to recover my organizer. I have to call Target again tomorrow to see if anyone found it.

Hope you're having a good weekend Bethany.

Bethany said...

I'm so sorry that you're coupon organizer is MIA!!!! Let us know if you need help 'refilling' it! I'm sure from all of us, you can at least recover some of them.

Definitely no hurry on the garage sale post!!! I wouldn't mind if you did it AFTER your sale so that you have time to process everything! :) Oh, one more request...pictures!! I would love to see their faces when they pull up and you have a grocery store in your front yard!! I know from last year at mine, it was priceless!

We are having a great weekend (lots of tennis) and I hope you guys are having great weather and enjoying it!!

Carrie Henderson said...

UH! I can not believe I have been missing out on all these posts! Yay! Cant wait to see more! :) I am totally lacking on my money makers this month!

starbucksgirl said...

HI CARRIE!!!! How are you my friend. Nice to see you back here. I'm not going to post today but I may post next week.

I lost all of my moneymaker coupons last week when I lost my coupon organizer at Target. :( The sales look good next week.

Carrie Henderson said...

Im doing great, thank you! I hope things are going better for you as well!

I was able to find these money makers.

Midol 16 ct size is $3.69, use the $2/1 Publix Q in the Green Advantage Flyer and stack with the $2/1 coupon http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=vg&tqnm=zc1rech30116217&o=61045&c=BA&p=lOm4PCbc for $0.31 cents overage.

Alka Seltzer $2.49 use the $2/1 Publix Q in the Green Advantage Flyer and stack with the $1/1 Mfg Q coupon from 2/21 RP for $0.51 cents overage!

Zantac TRAVEL size are $1.09, use $5/2 Manufacture Q on any Zantac from the 1/31 SS, it’s a $2.21 MM when you buy 2, there’s also a $2/1 Mfg Q in the same insert for a $0.71 cents overage!