Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Publix Shop #1 - 4/14/10















I made a quick stop at Publix to pick up some of the Dentyne gum and decided to stay and do a shop as some of the moneymakers were in stock. I didn't grab all of the items on my list as I am planning another shop for later on this week.

Here's what I purchased:

MONEYMAKERS
6 Shick disposable razors $.99 (travel section)
- $3/1 any Shick disposable from 3/21 SS
= FREE + $2.01 overage ea.
5 Bayer Aspirin $2.19
- $2/1 Green Advantage Flyer Publix Q
- $1/1 from 3/21 SS
= FREE + $.81 overage ea.
5 Crest Toothpaste $1.35 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $.50/1 Crest Q from 3/7 PG, 3/17 RP, 3/21 RP, 4/4 PG
- $1/1 Publix Q from a VERY old flyer from 2 years ago

= FREE + $.65 overage ea.

STOCKPILE
2 Benadryl $4.19 ea.
- $5/2 any 2 Benadryl 4/11 RP
- $1.50/1 Green Advantage Flyer Publix Q
= $.19 ea.
4 Mueller's Pasta $.75 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $.55/1 printable
= $.20 ea.
6 100-Calorie Orville Redenbacher popcorn $1.50 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $1/2 Yellow Advantage Flyer Publix Q
- $2/2 printable
= FREE
6 Orville Redenbacher Gourment popcorn $1.50 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $1/2 Yellow Advantage Flyer Publix Q
- $.40/1 any Orville Gourmet popcorn 3/28 SS
= $.20 ea.
4 Peter Pan Peanut Butter $1.17 ea. (B1G1 price)
- $1.50/4 printable
= $.79 ea.
2 Viva Paper Towels $2.09 ea.
- $.75/2 blinkie (have no idea where I found this but I pulled it about 3 weeks ago)
- $1/2 Publix Q from purple "Kimberly Clark" pamphlet
= $1.21 ea.
4 Ziploc bags (snack, sandwich and slider gallon) $1.99 ea.
- $1/2 Publix Q from "Value in the Family" booklet
- $.40/1 Q from 3/21 SS
= $.69 ea.
**submit for $5 SC Johnson rebate = $2.93 moneymaker
6 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaner $1.75 ea (B1G1 price)
- $2/2 Publix Q from "Value in the Family" booklet
- $.75/1 Q from 3/21 SS
= FREE
**submit for $5 SC Johnson rebate = $5.00 moneymaker
1 Publix Cheesy Shells $1.89 ea.
penny item
= $.01
6 Dentyne Gum 60-pack $1.64 (B1G1 price)
- $1.50 Q from 2/28 SS
= $.14 ea
2 Old Orchard Healthy Balance Reduced Sugar Juice $2.00 (sale price)
- $.50/1 printable
= $1.00 ea.

THINGS I NEEDED
2 Mueller's Jumbo Shells Pasta $1.89 (regular price)
- $.55/1 Mueller's printable

= $1.34 ea.
2 Limes $.59 ea.
no coupons
= $.59 ea.
14 Earth's Best baby food $.50 ea (B1G1 price)
- $1/7 printable
= $.33 ea.

$5/50 HG Hill coupon

TOTAL: $176.67
TOTAL AFTER COUPONS: $5.14

SAVINGS: 97%

NOTE: There is a rebate on the scrubbing bubbles and the ziploc. After submitting both rebates my out of pocket will be $4.86 moneymaker. I plan on selling the scrubbing bubbles, bayer and crest at my garage sale this weekend so hopefully I will make back a few more dollars. :)

NOTE: I was almost out of popcorn so I am so glad that it is on sale this week. Mandi, they still carry the black pepper and buttery salt version (although I think they renamed it). I will be picking up more of the popcorn later this week as I love that flavor thanks to you!

19 comments:

Kathy said...

Yo, thanks again! I was unaware of the deal on the gum so I guess I'll just have to go back and get some! I mean, no one wants bad breath, do they?

Earthy Mama said...

When/where did you find the value in the family booklet? I have been searching hi/ low for that one :)

starbucksgirl said...

Brandy, I have found them both at Maryland Farms and at Moore's Lane.

starbucksgirl said...

They are right at the front on a stand when you walk through the right door (at Maryland Farms). I can have Jason pick some up for you if you need me to.

Earthy Mama said...

oh, I have a few extra $3/1 Snuggle q's if you want them.

Earthy Mama said...

I'll be down there tomorrow so hopefully they still have some! (you know how those things grow wings and fly away!)
:)

Thanks!!

oh, btw, if you still have those extra Morningstar q's, I would love to take those off your hands. . .

starbucksgirl said...

You can definitely have the morningstar Q's (I have several manufacturer Q's and a few of the magazine Q's for you.

I'd love the Snuggle Q's. Thank you. I have a busy morning tomorrow and won't be back until the afternoon. I can either mail them to you or you can pick them up next week (unless you're coming later in the day tomorrow). I should be home around 3:00pm.

Unknown said...

Great trip! I totally missed the razors when I went. I am definitely going to look for those on my next trip! Thanks.

Earthy Mama said...

No more booklets :(. You can stick them in the mail and I will send you these snuggle- can you email me your addy again I can't find it

Bethany said...

Hey! Did you see the deal on shout? It's bogo and with the mani 55 cents we got and the $1/1 publix q - it's free with .05 overage!

Carissa said...

Thanks for the popcorn Q! I totally missed that. I paid $0.19 for mine! I'll have to try to get some Ziploc and Viva too. I had stopped checking your blog, but I'm sorry I did!

starbucksgirl said...

Bethany, I didn't see the Shout Deal. Thanks for the heads up!

Carissa, I didn't read the VIVA coupon correctly. You are right. It is a $1/2 Q. I had read the $1/1 Scott Q right below it on the sheet and just figured it was $1/1 too without really thinking or checking.

localcharity said...

when and where is your garage sale?? i may wanna see how it works selling the brand new stuff.

Eilas Photography said...

Ok, I'm kind of lost with all of this, but I'm definitely getting the urge to figure it all out. I definitely need some explanation though. I saved $40 at my grocery trip today, but still spent $100, so I'm on my way.... slowly. :)

starbucksgirl said...

Charity, the garage sale was last weekend. :(

Laurel, hey there girl. So glad you're working to figure it all out. I can't wait to explain the details. BTW, we sold our house a few days ago and we are slotted to leave TN sometime in June so I would really love to come out in May to teach you and your friends. Give me a call when you have a chance to schedule it (I know that life is crazy but it will be worth it)!

Dixie Clip said...

Bummer you are leaving TN. We will miss you. Hope wherever you go there are a lot of Publix grocery stores :)

starbucksgirl said...

Dixie, sadly I will be far, far, away from a Publix store.

I'm still in mourning over that fact.

Bethany said...

You will have to take Publix vacations and come shop with all of us, here in Nashville! We will truly be in mourning over you moving away!

starbucksgirl said...

Bethany. Seriously, I don't know how else I will be able to get my Publix fix for the week. :)